To be a catalyst for growth in the Hartford area.
To encourage the expansion and retention of existing industry and commerce within the Hartford area and to foster additional Industrial, Commercial and Residential development.
Below Photo: A recent presentation and Q&A meeting for the community regarding the Downtown Hartford Revitalization at the Schauer Center.
The Hartford Area Development Corporation (HADC), a nonprofit 501C4 organization has a longstanding commitment to economic development and growth in the Hartford area. The organization was formed in 1977 in cooperation with City of Hartford government who wanted to create a non-political entity to spur industrial and economic growth in the community.
Over the years it is estimated that the HADC in cooperation with City staff and other elected officials has recruited new businesses and supported the growth of existing businesses that resulted in the creation of thousands of jobs and more than 5.6 million square feet of new manufacturing space. This partnership has worked effectively to provide a strong economic base for the residents of Hartford and of Washington County.
City of Hartford Liaisons
- Tim Michalak – Mayor
- Justin Drew – City Planner & Director of Community Development Authority
Contact us now to learn how HADC can serve you.
Board of Directors
- Ken Braun – Landmark Credit Union (retired) – Director Emeritus
- Matt Schwechel – 1st Bank Financial Center – President
- Nate Marshall – Helgesen Industries – Secretary
- Bill Berg – Menasha Corp.
- Mike Prock – Quad Graphics
- Al Laufer – Laufer Trucking Co. Inc./Wacker Drive Logistics & Warehouse
- Todd McDonald – Signicast
- Jeff Mueller – Broan-Nutone LLC
- Gary Wendorff – Hartford Finishing
- Stephen Hansen – Jacsten Holdings (Triton Trailers – CDM)