To be a catalyst for growth in the Hartford area.
To encourage the expansion and retention of existing industry and commerce within the Hartford area and to foster additional Industrial, Commercial and Residential development.
Below Photo: A recent presentation and Q&A meeting for the community regarding the Downtown Hartford Revitalization at the Schauer Center.
The Hartford Area Development Corporation (HADC), a nonprofit 501C4 organization has a longstanding commitment to economic development and growth in the Hartford area. The organization was formed in 1977 in cooperation with City of Hartford government who wanted to create a non-political entity to spur industrial and economic growth in the community.
Over the years it is estimated that the HADC in cooperation with City staff and other elected officials has recruited new businesses and supported the growth of existing businesses that resulted in the creation of thousands of jobs and more than 5.6 million square feet of new manufacturing space. This partnership has worked effectively to provide a strong economic base for the residents of Hartford and of Washington County.
The HADC in partnership with area employers is sponsoring a young professionals group called The Mill. The purpose of The Mill is to provide young employees (generally 18-40 years old) with an opportunity to network with other Hartford area young people, plan and deliver events of interest to residents young and old and develop Hartford’s future leaders. For more information on The Mill, please click on this link – www.hartfordmill.com/.
City of Hartford Liaisons
- Tim Michalak – Mayor
- Justin Drew – City Planner & Director of Community Development Authority
Contact us now to learn how HADC can serve you.
Board of Directors
- Ken Braun – Landmark Credit Union (retired) – Director Emeritus
- Nate Marshall – Helgesen Industries – President
- Stephen Hansen – Jacsten Holdings (Triton Trailers – CDM) – Vice-President
- Matt Schwechel – 1st Bank Financial Center – Secretary
- David Pye – Quad Graphics
- Al Laufer – Laufer Trucking Co. Inc./Wacker Drive Logistics & Warehouse
- Frank Carroll – Broan-Nutone LLC
- Gary Wendorff – Hartford Finishing
- Keith Justman – Owner/President Production Equipment Services
Advisory Board Members:
- Karen Bialas – Aurora Washington County – Chief Nursing Officer
- Attila Weninger – Hartford Union High School – District Administrator
- Aaron Lensink – First National Bank of Hartford – Vice President